Warm Lemon Water and Limes oh my!
Easy, Affordable, Accessible and Invigorating! A morning ritual of warm lemon water or lime water is an excellent way to start the day. With so many benefits of these tart little fruits, why not go for it and nourish your morning right! Your whole body with thank you.
Why warm water and not cold or hot?
Generally, it is suggested to drink lukewarm lemon water because it is easier to digest and does not “shock” the system like cold water can. Hot water can decrease the nutrient load of vitamin C and Potassium. For those of you who find the tart and sourness to be intolerable, squeeze a tiny TINY dab of local honey into the cup. Eventually you will be able to ween yourself from the honey and your taste buds may discover a new respect for sour. Find out what you like and make it your own ritual.
So what are some of the benefits of drinking Lemon Water / Lime water?
- Strengthens Immune System High in Vitamin C and Potassium
- Balances pH When Lemons and Limes stand alone, they are acidic; but once metabolized they become alkaline and help our bodies to balance our pH levels and ward off unwanted diseases that thrive off of an internally acidic environment. So balance out that pH and grab a lemon!
- Aids Digestion Lemon water liquefies bile while inhibiting excess bile flow. This helps to purify and stimulate the liver. When the liver is happy, generally the rest of the digestive system and even the entire body is happy or at least happier. Often times we overload our bodies with too many sweets and heavy rich foods as well as too much alcohol. Over time, this takes a huge toll on the liver, not to mention the heart, kidneys, intestines, skin and joints. You name it. ALSO! Lemon water helps to reduce constipation AND diarrhea as well as heart burn and bloating.
- Weight Loss! That’s Right. Want to lose some weight? Drinking Lemon water speeds up the weight loss process. Lemon water helps to flush toxins out of the body as well as assist the body to digest foods with more efficiency. Lemons also have high pectin fiber, which reduces hunger cravings.
- Complexion Warm lemon water removes toxins from the blood stream and this in turn keeps the skin clear. Vitamin C helps to brighten and rejuvenate the skin. Blackheads and wrinkles can be reduced and even removed from drinking warm lemon water on a daily basis.
Lemons and limes have more benefits than simply being good for our bodies. They are helpful air fresheners for kitchens. If you have a garbage disposal, drop half of a lemon down the disposal and grind it up. The kitchen will smell new again.
If you’ve been handling fish, just wash your hands with some fresh lemon and continue with soap and water. This cuts through stubborn odors.
Because Lemons and Limes have anti-bacterial properties, rubbing them over a cutting board and letting it soak overnight can be a good way to deep clean your cutting boards.
For more information check whole foods on Warm Lemon Water including lemons and limes
Lemons and Limes. Inside and out, they are good for us! Here’s to adding healthy habits to your daily rituals. Squeeze yourself some good health!
Incoming search terms:
- lemons and limes
- lemon water testimonials
- warm lime water
- limes and lemons
- lemon and lime
- lemon water weight loss reviews
- hot lime water
- lemon water review
- lemon water for weight loss reviews
- hot water and lime