Every now and then, it’s ok to take a break from totally clean eating in what I call Breaking Bad. Like my mother used to say “Everything in moderation, including moderation”. I find that far too often people go way overboard with being healthy and forget that sometimes you can be Bad and still be Good.
Here is a great chocolate pie recipe for those occasions when breaking bad isn’t so bad.
- 2 Graham Cracker pie crusts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 2 t vanilla
1. Stir dry ingredients together until blended.
2. Separate egg yolks and egg whites
3. Combine 4 cups milk, egg yolks and vanilla flavoring to dry ingredients and mix.
4. Place in a glass bowl and heat in microwave on high for 2 minutes
5. Stir after each 2 minutes
6. When thickened to right consistency (thick and creamy) pour into pie crusts
7. Cool, then top with whipped cream
Serves 16 (makes 2 pies)