I call it Sweet Pot Squash…
Aromatic. Sweet. Potato. Soup.
And Butternut Squash too. And Cabbage. Ginger. Spices. I’ve practically spilled the beans on this highly secretive, keep it in the family keep it in the belly, but you gotta tell your neighbors and you gotta tell your friends and then tell them it’s a safely guarded family recipe that is just too good to not share with them and tell them to do just the same. This highly aromatic sweet potato soup is to DINE for. Just make it. Just eat it.
This Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup Really is the Best Ever! Who knew that Sweet Pot Squash Soup is Sooooo good for you. And you and you and you too. I’ll get straight to the point. This flavorful, sweet and mildly and lightly spicy sweet potato and squash soup is too good to be wasted on a long article. Oh but wait! The benefits! Yes, the Health benefits of sweet potatoes, squash, cabbage and spices. This you gotta learn ~ the health benefits of this soup! But first…Gather a pen and paper and prepare for a feast. Your taste buds and belly will thank you!
Shopping List for “Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup”:
- 1 medium size butternut squash
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 green cabbage
- fresh tumeric root
- ginger root
- vegetable broth
- milk / milk substitute
- coconut oil
- garam masala
- Big solid knife to cut through the tough squash
- baking sheet
- large soup pot
- big ole soup stirring spoon
- Big hungry mouth to taste as you make 🙂
- Strainer (if you decide to save the squash seeds to toast)
- Grater for fresh ginger root and tumeric root
- ambient soup making music
- company to share it with or a camera to document and then share.
Here Goes… Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup Recipe / aka Sweet Pot Squash Soup:
Preparation for Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup –
- Cut butternut squash in half. Scoop out seeds and set them aside for cleaning and toasting.
- Coat insides of squash with coconut oil and place down on baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Peel skins to dispose.
- Bake sweet potato same amount of time and temp as squash.
- Cover and set aside for soup.
- Dice 1/2 sweet onion
- dice 1/2 small to medium size green cabbage.
Stove time for almost Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup –
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- add onions
- add cabbage
- grate 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root
- grate 1 teaspoon of fresh tumeric root
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Add Sweet Potato and Squash
- Add 1/2 carton or one and a half cups of vegetable broth
- Add 1/2 cup of milk or milk substitute like coconut milk.
Mix, Stir, Smell… Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup. Oh yeah, and squash and cabbage.
*This Aromatic Sweet Potato soup has some chunky bites. If you desire smooth soup just pour content into a blender and mix well until smooth.
NOW FOR JUST A FEW HEALTH BENEFITS!
Here’s what eating Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup can do for you!
- Tumeric is great to prevent and curtail inflammation.
- Gignger is great for digestion, be it crampy, gassy, no appetite as well as congestion.
- Cinnamon is great for stabilizing blood sugar levels, anti bacterial and the aroma of cinnamon can help boost memory and brain function!
- Cayenne is great for removing plaque from arteries, balancing out blood pressure, cancer fighter from the capsaicin in the pepper, promotes digetsion and relieves arthritic pain.
- Nutmeg has some antibacterial properties.
Essentially all of these spices have numerous health benefits. Almost too many to list. Plain and simple, they are good for you in moderation and regularity. Add them to your soups, oatmeals, stews and more.
Now for some benefits of Sweet Potatoes –
- Rich in vitamin C and E
- Fiber booster
- Get your Manganese to support healthy blood sugar levels.
- Get your B-6 and Potassium for your healthy heart!
- Vitamin A for your cancer prevention skillz! and Great for you Beautiful Skin!
- They’re just GOOD for you. Eat them.
Benefits of the Butternut… Squash –
- Full of fiber and Great for digestion… like the sweet potato.
- Heart healthy
- Blood sugar regulation…. I’m finding many similar benefits that the Sweet Potato offers… Orange in color. Natural. Buy organic and You got yourself some homemade health insurance!
Eating Aromatic Sweet Potato Soup… Sweet Pot Squash will do your body wonders and become a loved and familiar sweet and mildly spicy recipe amongst others. Keep it at the front of your recipe box for easy grabs! It’s Mmmmmm So Good… For you too.
* Did you try this recipe? How was it for you?